Located on the grounds of Clare-Gladwin RESD, the educational emphasis at the Clare-Gladwin Area School is manifested in our functional curriculum. Students learn daily living and social skills which will help them at school, home, and as a contributing member of their community. Older students receive job training through work enclaves and individual work experiences.
Staff members at the Area School work diligently to meet the students' individual needs. It is our desire to help each person who attends by providing enriching and challenging learning experiences.
- All students should be given the opportunity to learn and succeed.
- The goal for each student is to reach his/her potential.
- All individuals have value, worth, and the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- All individuals have the right to privacy, their opinion, and personal safety.
- All students have the right to have their individual needs addressed.
- All students have the right to have options.
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates.
- All staff can create conditions for learning.
- Families, staff and the community work as a team to prepare students for success in the global community.
- The mission and vision are responsibilities we all share.
Clare-Gladwin Area School
4041 East Mannsiding Road
Clare, MI 48617
(989) 386-3682 / fax: (989) 386-6840